Wednesday, May 17, 2017

CAS Smiles

Welcome Back OCS Fans! 

This week I decided to challenge myself just to shake things up a little in my crafty world. I have alot of patterned paper - yes it's an addiction - but I also have alot of little pieces -you know the ones that are trimmed off an edge of a sheet and you just can't bear to throw it out - gasp! 

My challenge was to use some of these smaller pieces as well as create a CAS (clean and simple) card. Double whammy and challenge accepted! I decided that "Blossom" from the new Darling Diva's release at High Hopes would be perfect for my card. 



To start this card I cut out my white background using a stitched square die. The stitched scallop border edge was cut next using a die. I used my Misti to place the stamp and sentiment in the perfect spot and inked away - LOVE my Misti! After colouring my stamp with alcohol markers I added the patterned paper edge.  I used a brown marker to add some freckles to puppy's cheeks and some sparkly Stickles on the heart and dress collar give me a touch of bling. 
All of this was mounted on some cardstock and voila - double challenge met...I think...

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Blossom  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Sending Smiles - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Spring - Echo Park
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoMisti, Crystal Stickles, white gelly roll pen, My Creative Time die, Stitched Rectangle die - YNS, brown marker to add puppy freckles

Spectrum Noir: FS5 FS2 TN2 EB6 EB3 EB5 CT1 CT2 CT4 FS8 CG2 PP1 PP3 BT3 1B2
Copics: E31 E34 E37 C0

A new month = a new challenge! Join us for our Anything Goes challenge. Here's the link: May Challenge

Here's The Sketch 


 Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea Donna to use up those scrappy pieces and you nailed CAS beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete