Wednesday, December 14, 2016

You Make Me Smile

Happy Hump Day OCS Fans! 

For my post today I used "Fish Kiss" and the "You Make Me Smile" sentiment from the new Woodland Friends release at High Hopes Stamps.

My card layout is based on the sketch from the November OCS challenge. I love sketches - they can be used over and over again when you're in a pinch or even when you're not <smile>





I started by colouring my stamp with alcohol markers and then cutting it out with a classic circle die. I added some freckles to the bears face with a brown marker and a cheek and freckles to the fish with a white gel pen and alcohol marker just for fun.

Then I layed out my card base using cardstock and patterned paper from Echo Park and Lawn Fawn. I stamped my sentiment and cut it out in a matching circle shape. Some photo corners, ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card.

Card Recipe
Stamp: Seeds Fish Kiss (TT064) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: You Make Me Smile (GG008) - High Hopes Stamps
Patterned Paper: Hello Winter - Echo Park, Winter Perfectly Plaid - Lawn Fawn
Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic XpressIt white gel pen,  brown marker, Photo Corner die - Quickutz, Classic Circles die - Spellbinders, Fiskars Circle cutter, Celebrate It Ribbon, Mistletoe Kisses Enamel Dots - Simple Stories, Love Earth and Cupid Gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers used: EB6 EB3 EB5 PP1 PP3 1G2 1G3 1G5 BT3 BT5 BT7

Our December Challenge is Friends Always and there is a sketch to get your creative juices flowing. Click here to play along - we can't wait to see what your create!

Here's the sketch



If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 


2 comments: