Saturday, November 5, 2016

Christmas Carolers...

Hi Fellow OCS Fans;

Karen Letchworth is an OCS Guest Designer for November and December.  Here is her first regular Saturday card.  For more information visit Karen's blog.





Hello, everyone!  Thanks for stopping by.  Today is my second blog post for One Crazy Stamper, and for this card I've used the High Hopes Rubber Stamp simply called Carolers.  It's so sweet, and it's one of those stamps you could color with any color scheme in mind.  I stuck to the traditional red and green, but added in some blue.  This color choice worked well with the Carta Bella's Christmas Wonderland patterned papers and stickers I used.

I stamped the image three times with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.  The fist layer is the card base (stamped on white card stock), the second layer was fussy cut to lay over the base; and the third layer was stamped onto vintage sheet music which I also fussy cut and gently placed over the cute little sheet music books the Carolers are holding.  I also used a little strip of this same vintage sheet music as a border on the left-hand side of my card along with patterned paper, a Carta Bella border sticker, and some blue baker's twine.  I colored my Carolers with my Copics including Lipstick Red R29BlackEmerald Green G05, and various skin tones.

Sometimes it's fun to add in some less-traditional Christmas colors to your cards, and this particular stamp is a great one to help you do just that.  You could literally color these sweet little Carolers in ANY color scheme to match whatever Christmas papers you choose.  This stamp is just SO cute, you can't go wrong!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really hope that you will all swing over to One Crazy Stamper to check out all the wonderful new High Hopes Rubber Stamps as well as all the other amazing goodies in their sweet store.  The new High Hopes Rubber Stamps release is absolutely adorable!

1 comment: