Monday, January 28, 2013

Simple Tent Card Tutorial

010 A few months back, I made this shadow box card and today I wanted to show you the quick tutorial on how to do this.  I will admit that I am REALLY intimidated to try new techniques, especially special folds on my cards.  Can you relate?  There are some amazing folds that I love the look of, but never have tried.  So I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and started small.  This is so simple anyone can do it. 

First take a 12” paper and cut it to 12 “x 4.5”.  Then I scored my paper at 5.5” and again at 6.5”.   This gives you the following results.

001Next I trimmed my patterned paper and glued to the front of my card.  This should be just under 4.5”x 5.5”.

002Then I used a Spellbinder’s Nestabilities Die to cut out a window. 003

I stamped my sentiment (or image) on paper for the inside of the card and decorated the front.  The last step is to staple/glue or add a brad to the top of the card to close it.

011

Even if you don’t try this particular folded card, I hope you try something new and step outside your comfort zone. Its fun to do every once in a while!

1siggydashwood

2 comments:

  1. Cool Jacilynn, I haven't made one of these cards in such a long time...I think it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to try this Jacilynn. You are so right about trying new techniques.

    ReplyDelete