Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Who's the Winner and a Tutorial

Welcome to Terrific Tuesday at One Crazy Stamper, and as promised last week, the winner of the prize of the two Stampavie stamps as chosen by Random.org is ............
#7 - Wendance Designs
Congratulations, please contact me at s.mclaughlin8@shaw.ca so I can get your prize to you.

This week I have a tutorial about coloring skin with Copic markers. When I color with Copics I always start with the lightest color covering approximately 60% of the area, leaving the highlight area blank. Using the middle color I recolor about 40% of the already colored area, and then finish with the darkest shade on 10% of the same area.
After the three colors are applied, blend them all together using the lightest color.
The following diagram shows some of my favorite color combinations for skin tones.


I have listed the colors that I have used for each skin tone, but there are many others options - what is your favorite skin color combination? Do some experimenting with different color combinations and step outside of the box - you never know until you try, what wonderfully colorful results you can achieve!!!! Have fun playing!!!
( PS. Don't look too closely at my coloring on this page, as I knew that it was only to show you differnt skin tones, so I was not at all careful about going over the lines!!!!! )
Wishing you all a very happy day!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this little tut. I am always looking for helpful suggestions with copics...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Shari - it's always great to get little tips on how everyone gets the beautiful end results.

    ReplyDelete