Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love Lolita Butterfly

Hi all! Dana here to show you my card using Love Lolita Butterfly by CC Designs:
I am still enjoying stamping with lighter colored inks and I am sure you will too! This was stamped with London Fog before coloring with my copics. Any of the lighter colors I think will work and what a fun way to challenge yourself! Here's a close up:
Because I stamped with lighter ink I was able to take great liberties with her eyes. I used a sepia copic multiliner pen to add her eyebrows and lashes. I also used a black copic multiliner to do all that detail on her wings. I really wanted them to look like monarch wings.
My papers are Cosmo Cricket PixieLicious.  She was cut out with Spellbinders Nestabilites in both Circle and Scallop circle. The finishing touches were some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade and some Stickles.
You still have plenty of time to get in our Fun in the Sun challenge : )
Hugs~

5 comments:

  1. Dana, love how you colored this image and the paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, what a perfectly adorable image and the papers and coloring is absolutely stunning. Love the sepia stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOps, sorry meant to say London Fog......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, a gorgeous card. The papers and colouring are awesome, and love the detail with the sepia and black multiliners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana that is a tough colour combo to pull off & you have done it perfectly!!! Beautiful card! Hugs, Lora

    ReplyDelete