Saturday, May 21, 2011

Beanie Anya

Hi all.  If you have visited my personal blog you may know that my long time friend (known her since 8th grade) was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer last November.  She actually started chemo the day after her 30th birthday.  Well I am happy to report that today she is in full remission and has had two clean PET scans which is remarkable.  Sometimes in this fight it is hard to think of what you can do for another person but the best thing is to just be there.  We realized that we celebrate so many milestones in life-Anniversaries, birthdays, weddings-that maybe we should celebrate the biggest milestone of all--Life! 

So today why you are perusing blogs, my friends and I are hosting a celebration of life party in honor of my friend Amanda.  We know that although laughter is not cure it sometimes IS the best medicine, so we will have games and the prizes are all known cancer fighters.  The ribbon color for Hodgkin's Lymphoma is lavender and Purple in general is the color for cancer.  So my house is overblown with purple right now. 

Which leads me to this weeks project.  We are all doing scrapbook pages of messages to her and this is the beginning of the book.  This great poem about all that Cancer cannot do was found on the web and I knew I had to use Beanie Anya because Amanda wore a beanie all winter long after she shaved her head.  If you look close you can see that I altered Anya.  The original image has two long pig tails so I just trimmed them out of my image and colored away with my copics.


Here is a close up of Anya

Hope you enjoy this weeks project!  Have a fun and crafty Day!

Supplies:  Beanie Anya, Copics--Sketch, Poem was google searched, paper is from my personal stash.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa what wonderful news!! Here's praying she continues to get great reports!! Your Anya is just adorable!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete